Heatline boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just got in from a visit to a Heatline boiler, when I arrived the boiler is in bits with combustion chamber front of etc and a bowl underneath catching water, my only reason for this post is I am appalled by what I saw and heard. Earlier on today a Corgi reg guy visited and took apart boiler. He declared the heat exchanger to be broken and that the boiler was rubbish, not worth repairing and he could fit a new one for £1800 I know the guy is registered but it did not stop him leaving a boiler in a dangerous condition, when I arrived you could still turn boiler on and it would still fire up! You could but your hand inside the combustion chamber and cook your marsh mellows on it! In fact no attempt had been made to isolate boiler and at least drain central heating circuit to stop leak, my repair involved replacing 4 orings on the flow and return connections to the heat exchanger and putting it all back together. It’s a cheap boiler but personally I think its ok for the money, maybe a little expensive on parts. Only thing I find wrong with cheap boilers is the installations seem to break every regulation that can be broken. Last week I had a biasi 30kw at the back end of a terraced house and most of the pipe work was 15mm. I explained to the customer that they might has well opted for the 24kw version because they was not even getting that out of there 30kw boiler, now I have run some 28mm in half way across house and the rest in 22mm it works fine, I could have stuck a Worcester bosch on the wall and it would have cost the same to install as a Biasi! Still same amount of pipe work, power flush etc, so why do people think a cheap boiler is cheaper to install?

Sponsored Links
Hi i have bought a heatline from b&q, and i dont have the screws to fix the flue to the boiler.do you know what thread etc they are so i can sort it out before the corgi man comes out to commission the system and flush it through?
Ta

Best guess is that they can buy one off the shelf at B&Q and have a go at fitting it themselves.. I agree that the little heatline Vizo isn't a bad little boiler for the cash, I even looked hard at offering it as a bargain basement offer, but the only saving that I could make was the price of the boiler over a Worcester Greenstar 24i Junior....Not really that much to fit one right. A properly installed cheapie is a better option to a badly installed top of the line.

What the guy did was unacceptable

The screws should be in the flue box i guess, but really it's not a job you should be doing, it's only my own personal opinion and i am against people commisoning other peoples work. Your best bet is to give heatline a call and i am sure they will send you some screws out, I wouldn't think there be to much of a rush as your corgi man will only have to take them of again so he can check that you installed it correctly.

Sponsored Links
Im gunna leave you grouchy corgi guys alone,looking at previous posts it tends to get heated between the proffs' and diy'ers.
ill phone up the heatline tech centre and find out what i need so i can get the corgi man out to sign everything off and test everything to make sure its properly done and we dont suddenly die when the boiler my partner put up suddenly falls of the wall and kills me.haha.
Maybe us diy'ers cant afford a woucester straight away, but dont panic men of the corgi trade, as soon as ive saved up my pennies i will be calling on your services.

As I said Dounut.. The price between a Vizo and a basic Worcester is only a couple of hundred quid... Yet the fitting charge remains the same, it seems silly to fit a boiler twice...And the price for parts are just as high for any of the cheaper end boilers

Don't forget your hard hat Ha Ha Ha :D

laughing, i did actually answer your question which is to contact heatline and i quiet like the heatline boiler, just from my limited experiance and i have only been doing it for 7 years when there are guys on here doing the job longer than i have actually graced this planet that most cheap boilers are installed badly, thus the boiler gets a bad name when it's not the boilers fault. i still get stuck from time to time or have to think twice about something so i ask what chance does a diy'er have? Sorry if we all appear a tad grumpy! am off to go play with some fluffy kittens...

heatline vizo = 299. flue = 25. bypass valve = 20. so 445 quid. the only difference between the cost of vizo and say a 24kw baxi is the vat.id go for the baxi. by the way glow worm have bought heatline.

Im gunna leave you grouchy corgi guys alone,looking at previous posts it tends to get heated between the proffs' and diy'ers.
ill phone up the heatline tech centre and find out what i need so i can get the corgi man out to sign everything off and test everything to make sure its properly done and we dont suddenly die when the boiler my partner put up suddenly falls of the wall and kills me.haha.
Maybe us diy'ers cant afford a woucester straight away, but dont panic men of the corgi trade, as soon as ive saved up my pennies i will be calling on your services.

Bear in mind what you are planning to do is downright illegal. The “signing off” will therefore be of zero value.
Any installer caught doing this is risking his CORGI badge, which might give you an idea of the kind of guy that is willing to do this and the quality of his work.
Another side effect is that the warrantee will be void.
And possibly your building insurance.
Several brands are known to be favoured by diy and cowboys, yours is probably number one on the list.

Thats totally illegal in CORGI terms! He can only sign off a boiler which he has installed himself.

Tony

I agree that the little heatline Vizo isn't a bad little boiler for the cash, . A properly installed cheapie is a better option to a badly installed top of the line.

A well installed Heatline or Biasi is likely to be very reliable.

I am currently experiencing extreme difficulties with a well installed "top of the range" (?) Viessmann that I recommended and fitted for someone. Not just the fact the boiler failed within a few days but the difficulties of getting the manufacturers to respond appropriately in the circumstances.

Tony

heatline vizo = 299. flue = 25. bypass valve = 20. so 445 quid. the only difference between the cost of vizo and say a 24kw baxi is the vat.id go for the baxi. by the way glow worm have bought heatline.

glowworm
hahahahaha
hahahahahah
ahahahahaha
hahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahaha
etc

Damn there goes the neighbourhood

Vaillant own Glow Worm, so Vaillant have bought Heatline. Quite a few new builds fit Heatlines. The top model has Giannoni heat exchanger, Grundfos pump, etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back