Heatline c28 condensing boiler - no central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Have just had the above boiler installed, and the DHW works perfectly, but there is nocentral heating going out of the outward pipe and as a result coming back through the return pipe.

The boiler fires up on CH, but quickly gets to the required temp before cutting out before sending any water to the rads?

Is this likley to be an air lock? or something else, if an air lock how can I resolve the air lock problem

Any help would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
I dont know the boiler but sounds like a diverter valve fault.

How new is it? Call your installer back. If there is a fault with the boiler then it will be under warranty and Heatline agent should come and repair it.

I will call back the installer, but he seemed to think it was an air lock and I wanted to try to solve the problem myself first

Sponsored Links
Either way it's not your responsibility. I understand you want it working ASAP but if you knowledge on CH isnt that good that you can't drain a system then you should leave it alone.

Especially when its unlikley that that is even the fault!

my knowledge is pretty good, I do know how to drain the system, but I just wanted a confirmation of the proceedure, in case there was something I wasn't doing correctly, if someone could just run through the system draining proceedure, then that would be much appreciated, as the system was installed by a friend who is CORGI registered, but is now away on holiday for 2 weeks, so need to at least try and solve the problem myself first

the system was installed by a friend who is CORGI registered, but is now away on holiday for 2 weeks, so need to at least try and solve the problem myself first

Its illegal for him tom fit the boiler if he is not CORGI registered in his own name! For example if he is employed by British Gas.

You must ensure that he completes the Benchmark Certificate AND notifies CORGI who will send you a Certificate.

Not likely to be an airlock!

Either the diverter valve is not being operated or the protection cap has been left in place on the CH flow or return pipes, thats a common fault with careless installers!

Tony

i agree with agile sounds like the dv is stuck in the dhw postion. but makes sure the all rad valves are open. also this boiler need a auto by-pass fitted. there is a internal by pass that runs throw the dhw hx, this could be stuck open as well or is opening from a blocked flow/return

Hi

Have just had the above boiler installed, and the DHW works perfectly, but there is nocentral heating going out of the outward pipe and as a result coming back through the return pipe.

The boiler fires up on CH, but quickly gets to the required temp before cutting out before sending any water to the rads?

Is this likley to be an air lock? or something else, if an air lock how can I resolve the air lock problem

Any help would be much appreciated
Isnt it funny how people have their boilers fitted by mates who in mid january go on holiday,leaving the housholder to fix the problem.I would say the householders fitted it but dosent know how fill the system.Ride on cowboy

Mmmh, heatline, CORGI registered friend, just happened to be away, but not before he concluded airlock in a new pressurised system that was of course properly installed and commissioned and has no leaks.

Anyone interested in a nice flat in Wolverhampton with open view of the beach? Very cheap, very cheap

Thanks for the help for thos who have supplied it - for all of your information, everything I have said above is true, I just wandered across this website, and thought I might be able to seek some help from people who are in the know. My friend of the family is a CORGI registered engineer, and has now gone away on holiday, and therefore I am trying to see if it is possible to rersolve the problem myself, rather than being with no central heating for a couple of weeks - I don't appreciated being slagged off - I am an engineer myself, and I did not pay peanuts, and I am intelligent enough to realise that all of these boilers are made by nearly the same company as the more expensives boilers

AFAIK many of the components on these boilers are manufacturered by the Turkish parent company and have no similarity with other makes.

As a registered installer he should have left the boiler operating properly after commissioning. Are you saying the heating has never worked, if so why did he leave the boiler in its current state?

Who installed the heating pipework, diyers often poorly install the pipework (high points all over the place) under floors and this can lead to airlocks effecting some of the radiators.

i say 90% of faults are down to installation faults and i should know as i am a service agent for heat-line :confused:

- I am an engineer myself, and I did not pay peanuts, and I am intelligent enough to realise that all of these boilers are made by nearly the same company as the more expensives boilers

As an engineer you must realise that you have nor made a very coherent report of the problem and the background to the problem.

For example we dont know if he was legitimately fitting the boiler or doing an illegal job on the side for which he was not CORGI registered.

Nor do we know if the heating has ever worked and the installer just left it not working.

As for the paperwork, do you have a completed Benchmark? Is the installer going to notify CORGI so you get the building regulations cover?

Heatline are now owned by Vaillant! But the boilers are still assembled in Turkey although many of the parts are from well known worldwide companies like Grunfoss and Honeywell.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back