Heatline Viso

The Viso is the Band B hybrid model.

I am not so impressed with that design however I was impressed by the Band A model which uses the common Gianoni heat exchanger.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Would probably go for the Band `A` as suggested..but it`s like buying your son a pair of `Gola` trainers instead of `lacoste`it`s all down to branding & popularity of a product. I think I sneered in my first post about this boiler but at the end of the day..hearing other experienced views...you think..well hang on snotty...brainwashed by advertising .we are all guilty of it ... Brand snobbery...( cue Softus )..not.

certain situations determine class of job. i think we would all go for band A rolls royce boilers, but sometimes price depicts.

Sponsored Links
The thing is, it`s not enough to be a fully qualified professional when you`re up against Jack-the-Lad. You have to be able to be competitive as well, even against cowboys,( gets on soapbox) until members of the public realise that cheaper isn`t always safer (gets off soapbox).

where i live some companies are advertising condes combi, 7 rads, trvs etc etc for 1600 plus vat. bloody stupid. theres plenty of work around , so they dont need to do this.

Have you not cottoned on to that sales tecnique yet?..that`s just to get a foot in the door, once there you explain to the customer how that was `from 1700 quid or whatever` then you do a survey & tell them the real price. It`s not being dishonest, it just grabs there attention & gets you in before Jack-the-lad. I know it sounds ruthless but tell me anyone on here (self employed) who isn`t employing the same tactic.

ME. I dont advertise. my work is recommendation but i still need to price within the ranges of the obvious ads.

Well, lucky you..if you don`t advertise especially at this time of year then you must be very popular indeed.Not that I am envious (much) but I find this time of year a bit lean, so if you could throw me a few scraps....

Bamber gaspipe said:
Doing some work for a chap who asked me to install one of these at one of his `properties` he was doing up. Turns up at said property week later, checks out gear he has left for me to install, without going into detail the bloke was a cowboy & I promptly left job after refusing to install.The thing is ` I don`t remember coming across one of these, I know they are cheap & nasty but even on Heatline`s website they are not there! Where did this guy get it from? Any thoughts from anyone? BTW the only one I could find was the Solaris. 570 quid load of old cr*p.

heatline viso are made for b and q
they are a cheaper model of the solaris.
althogh heatline boilers are genarally good the viso is made from cheaper parts and only comes with 1 years warranty.
heatline also do a band b boiler more expensive but worth the money
designed by worcestor bosh.
by the way the solaris 30kw gives a domestic flow geater than any other combi in its class thanks to the 35kw heat exchanger on the domestic side

Not only have you added to a thread over six months old but you dont seem to have any idea about heatline boilers!

Whats your CORGI number?

I bought this boiler as my old one was starting to play up and I wanted trouble free heating and a reliable hot shower. However two weeks on from having this boiler installed it has started blowing fuses. It even had smoke coming from it at one point.

The upshot is after such as short space of time the Diverter valve is leaking into the actuator and blowing the fuses.

So all that has resulted in me being back to cold showers as because its the weekend tomorrow I have to wait until Monday for the warranty man to come and fix it.

As I have the house up for sale I opted for this budget boiler and am now wishing I had invested the extra £300 in a reliable worcester boiler :cry:

The leaking dv valve is caused by muck in the system. Crap has fouled the dv pin which has let water to enter your dv motor which in turn has blown the fuse. If you don’t put the boiler on a clean system then what do you expect? Just because it is a cheap boiler does not mean it should be installed cheaply...

Most likely you fitted it your self

No never fitted it myself I paid someone else to do it who is corgi registered and put chemicals into the system to flush it. I am not a heating engineer, far from it, and would make no attempt to adjust or tamper with my boiler apart from replacing a fuse.

Given the boiler has only been fitted 3 weeks ago would such a fault come up so quickly?

Is the answer to the problem to have the system flushed out again?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back