Heatslave 2 hive single channel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Looking for some advice in connecting a hive single channel to a new heatslave ii.

Everywhere I look suggests the common (black) should connect to ‘LS’ which I don’t have.
If I connect to LR water, nothing happens. Do I need a jumper between common and live?

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_3093.jpeg
    IMG_3093.jpeg
    450.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3092.jpeg
    IMG_3092.jpeg
    297.9 KB · Views: 32
Sponsored Links
Is this what I need to do?

Attachments

• IMG_3094.jpeg
    IMG_3094.jpeg
    228 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: CBW
Make a link between L& terminal 1 on the hive
Terminal 3 to LR with the radiator sign at the boiler
Simple as that

Sponsored Links
Thanks @ianmcd ! So the common isn’t used on the boiler side?
If you mean the black link in your pic between L&LR HW then unless you are using an external HW control then that link stays in, has absolutey no bearing on the single channel hive wiring though, the single channel Hive is simply a switch for the CH

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Ah I see. Thank you.
So do I restore the link between L and LR (tap) on the boiler?

Thanks @ianmcd ! So the common isn’t used on the boiler side?
Some boilers provide a Ls (Live supply) and Lr, and some only Lr (Live return) for 230vac switching, no idea why this is becoming common practice as some thermostat/receiver terminals you struggle to get 1 wire in let alone any others :evil:

It does seem to be something that a jumper could solve rather than jamming multiple wires into single wire terminals.

Heating now fires!
I think I’m correct in restoring the factory link from boiler L to boiler LR tap.

I think I’m correct in restoring the factory link from boiler L to boiler LR tap.
If that’s how it came, do it. Consider this, if the boiler fires for hot water, it might not be needed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back