heavy objects

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all your input guys.Daz you have got it spot on,I wanted to see what other working guys think of the situation.Generally you think they are well above the weight limit that will do me.Ill simply refuse to handle them on my own.Thanks again J.

Sponsored Links
noseall said:
men or mice.

lightweights. :rolleyes:
Whether a wind up or not, No firm is worth you becoming a cr ipple for. Do you think they'll give two tosses about you once you've had to leave through ill health.

tim west said:
Whether a wind up or not, No firm is worth you becoming a cr ipple for. Do you think they'll give two tosses about you once you've had to leave through ill health.

very true.

an average, healthy, able bodied grown man can easily lift in exess of 25kg, ffs.

with or without bent knees.

noseall said:
an average, healthy, able bodied grown man can easily lift in exess of 25kg, ffs..

jayzee said:
... a machine 2 feet sq 3 feet high weighing 50kg, off the ground and into a van,on your own ...

John, my emphsis was regarding everyones fear and dread of anything weighing over 25kg. :rolleyes:

I get tired just lifting my wallet ;)

edited: If only!

noseall said:
an average, healthy, able bodied grown man can easily lift in exess of 25kg, ffs.

with or without bent knees.
Maybe so when young, you could get away with bad lifting techniques somewhat but as you get older and the back has suffered cumulative injuries then it can take a relatively small weight to push you over the edge and weight isn't the only consideration here, awkward shapes and uneven weight distribution plays a part as well as lack of training.
In the case of the original post I believe that the firm he works for are taking the piece.

i suppose i hadn't accounted for the fact that most humans nowadays are completely devoid of any reasoning, haven't the ability to make a decision or have any common sense whatsoever.

'eh pal, go jump in that lake'.

mmmmm... i see why companies are bieng sued now.

He might be getting at uncaring employers who heedlessly ruin their workers' health.

Sponsored Links
Back