helicopter crash

Sponsored Links
Perhaps trying to keep visual with the ground in poor weather, and did not see the rapidly rising Mourne mountains. How the other half live, and die.

Not many people walk away from helicopter crashes, they are most unforgiving.

Sponsored Links
The Chaps`ve played their last Chukka --- No chuckling from you Plebs :evil: Hope their Purdys didn`t get damaged in the crash :idea:

Sad, but it's the price payed for playing with rich boy's toys.

I wonder if they had the same feeling as a bird being shot from the the sky, just for sport?

I think thats a harsh statement, as some people lost their life? Surely breeding birds to shoot, and culling humans is a diferent sport?

it's not like a plane where if the engines fail you can at least somewhat "glide" down..
you only get one shot at saving your butt in a helicopter and it relies entirely on "auto-rotation".. ( see "little nell" in the bond movie for an example.. )

Nice reporting... "He was on his way to Britain" from County Fermanagh. :rolleyes:

it's not like a plane where if the engines fail you can at least somewhat "glide" down..
you only get one shot at saving your butt in a helicopter and it relies entirely on "auto-rotation".. ( see "little nell" in the bond movie for an example.. )

my dad knows a guy who was in three copter crashes. one was an auto rotation onto water. lucky fella. :eek:

I flew Sea King Search and Rescue for 25 years, and never had more than minor problems, a friend was in three serious crashes and decided to leave early.
When it goes wrong there are some big forces to hurt you, but there are techniques to mitigate them, even the dreaded tail rotor failure. This seems to be an unexpected lump of Cumulo granitus, nav pigs.
GALLERY]

Sponsored Links
Back