Help before plasterer starts!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just read another thread about co ax cable being run side by side with electrics. I ran co-ax CT 100 cable through the same hole in the joists as the electrics. Have I got to re-run the cables before the plasterer comes in?

:(

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I ran close to 25 metres of co-ax around my bedroom, past various mains cables, around my sisters bedroom, again past various mains cables, and through the floor. It then plugs into the low-grade white extension co-ax which previously fed the kitchen telly with a direct aerial feed, and is now coiled up under the boards. This then goes through the ceiling, past the FCU for the air con, going with the air con cable in the same conduit. This cable runs from the sky box in my bedroom, to the sky link in the kitchen. I used the push-fit **** poor connectors supplied with the sky link. The picture is crystal clear on the kitchen telly. Make up your own mind about that. :rolleyes:

I ran close to 25 metres of co-ax around my bedroom, past various mains cables, around my sisters bedroom, again past various mains cables, and through the floor. It then plugs into the low-grade white extension co-ax which previously fed the kitchen telly with a direct aerial feed, and is now coiled up under the boards. This then goes through the ceiling, past the FCU for the air con, going with the air con cable in the same conduit. This cable runs from the sky box in my bedroom, to the sky link in the kitchen. I used the push-fit p**s poor connectors supplied with the sky link. The picture is crystal clear on the kitchen telly. Make up your own mind about that. :rolleyes:

Just because you get a good picture does not mean it is safe, and certainly doesn't mean it complies to BS7671.

BS7671 specifies distances for different voltage bands. This is not to ensure that you get a good picture (why would BS7671 have any concerns or ruling with that?), it is to ensure no voltages manage to couple across to the coax through induction.

BS7671 specifies distances for different voltage bands. This is not to ensure that you get a good picture (why would BS7671 have any concerns or ruling with that?), it is to ensure no voltages manage to couple across to the coax through induction.

BS7671 asks that consideration is given to electrical interference, both electromagnetic and electrostatic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back