Help got a small problem with light switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok i hate electrics

Some kind soul has taken my pull cord light switch of need to put it back but there are no L, E ect marked i have two live wires and an earth it looks as if the earth fits into the housing as i have a terminal there but that leaves me with 3 on the switch and i have no clue as to where the two live wires go except an arrow with 2 way common pointing to one of them, so i assume one live goes there but what about the other.
I have two side by side and one facing terminal which is in line with one of the two that are side by side the arrow pionts to the one facing treminal

hope this makes some sense any help would be great

Martin

Sponsored Links
Have a look at the wiki.
You should just need the Common and one of the other two terminals, it doesn't matter which. The third is left with no wires connected.

Either wire can go in either terminal.

For completeness, the preferred way is to connect the live feed in, if it is identified, to Com. If it isn't identified, don't worry about it.

The sleeved earths just connect to the earth terminal in the housing if the switch is all plastic.

Don't forget to isolate the suply before working on it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back