help help Heating question need to know if im 100% right

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys if any 1 could help me out with a few question applying for job as some ques aint clear to me anyway

1. what is maximum length of twin walled chimney pipe manufactured to BS715 that can be run externally? the answer would be not allowed because gas appliances should not be installed on metal twin wall..... or is the ans its not exceed 3meters

2. a ventilator that is fitted with a fly screen would be categorized as? NCS if the appliance is working fine

3. The most likely cause of the domestic water being too hot from a combination boiler could be? don't get this ques 1. its combi so the problem would either be thermostat on the boiler, thermistor

A.Thermostat is set too low
B.Airflow switch is defective
C.Blocked or scaled heat exchanger
D. pump speed is too high

i would select (C) but im thinking boiler would over heat and cut out or you would get hot then cold then hot n so on :rolleyes: )

4. The customer complains of no hot water. This problem could be cured by? dont get this :rolleyes: is the room stat working, 3port working, cylinder stat working

A.Fitting a variable speed pump
B.Fitting an anti-gravity valve on the central heating flow
C.Fitting an automatic air-release on the Primary flow

i would think logical its (C) to get rid of trapped air ???

5. do you have to do a final Earth continuity check? if uve done it, at the start cos people tell me they don't need to do a final check but i would think you have to ensures protection if a fault occur at a later date

if any one could help or explain more pls do

Sponsored Links
They are pretty basic questions that you should know especially flueing and ventilation ones

You are actually qualified for the job for which you are applying, aren't you?

If these questions were not part of the application process, how would you have coped if they were to crop up in real life?

Sponsored Links
how long you been a gas engineer Charnwood?

im at college learning, i wna work for BG when i finish, if you dont wna help why make a comment :rolleyes:

The point of these mock exams are to prove you are up to the job they are offering, by getting the answers you want off here is making you look like you are up to the job, but really you might not be. Plus i would enquire about an english course while you are at college, just saying.

Plus i would enquire about an english course while you are at college, just saying.

Sadly, that's how "kids" talk these days, I know of an English Lit. graduate who can barely string a sentence together!

Lol you guys are amazing, I am not applying for the job now I haven’t finished college got 2yrs left I was just check my knowledge so far, and out of the 42 question those are the ones I was unsure about… is it wrong for me to ask experienced engineers?????? If you don’t ask how can you learn :rolleyes:

hi guys if any 1 could help me out with a few question applying for job as some ques aint clear to me anyway

You didnt explain yourself very well then as you said you were applying for a job. If you are really that unsure and are attending college, take those questions to your college tutor and he can explain them properly to your face, much better than asking online.

Oh sorry I didn’t explain well!!!

I will just thought id ask on here due to people explain thing different & it might stick in your head better

Sorry for ask for help guys

I'm not an engineer, but at least my English grammar, spelling and punctuation are up to A level standard, innit.

There is a prerequisite for things to be able to stick in your head.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back