Help Identify Pull Cord Ceiling Rose in Bathroom Attached to

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a pull cord switch in my bathroom which activates a fan extractor, the pull cord has broken and therefore I need to replace it.

I thought I could just replace the switch with a lighting ceiling rose pull cord.
I went ahead and purchased it , however when I took the cover off and compared it I noticed that the wiring is completely different.

Could some one take a look at the photo of the existing switch and identify what the switch is, it's name and where I can source a replacement, i've been to B&Q and I can only see pull cord switches that support L1, L2 and COM ( so basically 2 way Lighting ) . and they look totally different to what I have already installed.

I realise I may have to consultant an electrician at some point as it doesn't look as straight forward as I had hoped, however before this I would like to source a replacement switch, which I am finding very difficult to do.

Sponsored Links
Thanks that's excellent!, I thought I was going mad because I was checking in places like B&Q and homebase and couldn't find them!

Your answer has given me a good starting point!

Do you know if CEF sell to the public, I looked at their site and they seem to talk about trade accounts but don't mention if you can buy directly ?

I've emailed them to find out but I guess they will be closed now until after the bank holiday if it's trade only.

Sponsored Links
As previous post, the pull cord switch pictured is a DP (double pole).
They are most likely to be sourced from an electrical wholesalers.
But B&Q and Homebase will sell DP pull cord isolators, generally intended for shower operation, thus rated at 45A and 50A, they still be used for your function.

Do you know if CEF sell to the public, I looked at their site and they seem to talk about trade accounts but don't mention if you can buy directly ?

I've emailed them to find out but I guess they will be closed now until after the bank holiday if it's trade only.

CEF will sell to cash customers, you do not need to have a trade account with them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back