!!!! HELP !!!!! Laying Floor tiles Kitchen door too low

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm laying floor tiles in my kitchen. :LOL:

The problem is the kitchen door (UVPC) sit too low and there is only about 2mm gap between the door and the floor. The door doesn't seem like it can be taken any higher. :cry:

Any super ideas what I can do to get these tiles layed? :p

Any help and advice would be greatly appericate. :D

Cheers,

Andy

Sponsored Links
Somethings gotta give - if the floor can't go down and the door can't go up, your only option is to take some off the bottom of the door. I have no idea whether this is possible with a UPVC door because I've never had this problem. However, I would think that it's not possible to shave a bit off the bottom of the door without problems.

are laying tiles onto tiles? if so the answer is in there somewhere, if not its a call to local upvc door company,

i say you buy one you get one free! hate that fat idiot!

You can shave some off a upvc door with a hand plane,take off a couple of mm and test it,I have seen people cut chunks off the door and end up huge gap underneath.

Sponsored Links
You can shave some off a upvc door with a hand plane,take off a couple of mm and test it,I have seen people cut chunks off the door and end up huge gap underneath.

id never reccomend this, but good luck fella, get the right guys in to take a look!

not very often id say anything opposite the great lance, but on this occasion im sure its best you dont touch it yourself!

if the door frame head is hard against the lintel or masonry then i would be inclined to buy & fix a new door and frame - obviously with a reduced height door, bedding or mucking the sill up.

Hi, just a thought, does your door drop onto its hinges? If it does, you can sometimes fit spacers to the hinge pins to lift the door to the required height, I have done this to my front door when it dropped due to heat over time. Just check to see how much clearance you have between the top of the door and the frame then pack to suit.

following on from pompeyal,just wondered if you can get the angled inserts like you get on toilet partition doors(bit like raised butts)that when the door is opened it raises the door up allowing enough space underneath to fit the tiles?.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back