Help! My houses door frame is held to the wall with no nails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys and Gals.
I need your help, we were doing come work on our new house this weekend and one of the jobs was fitting a new front door lock, happily fitted it and got to the finish touch of applying the locking plate to the frame. Drilled pilot holes and started to screw it on, as I did the frame started to come away from the wall! On closer inspection the frame has no fixings into the wall and its held on with no nails!

Is there some type of fixing I can buy where I can drill through the frame into the wall and then screw it in and secure the frame back to the wall ( I will not be able to put a raw plug in)

Help! Any advice welcome!

Sponsored Links
yes they are called Frame Fixings and your DIY shed has them.

JohnD said:
yes they are called Frame Fixings and your DIY shed has them.

Thanks John,
Do thoose frame fixings not require plugs to go into the wall though? Or is it just the screw?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
make sure you drill thehole to the right size or slightly over through the timber. they can be a bugger to get through and sometimes bend up before they get to the masonry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back