Help needed albeit not "ban all sheds "

So is this an accurate summary? The OP has a 2way CU, with an incomer, a 5A fuse and a 15A fuse, and he has a garage with a cable coming from the house CU and new cables in the garage which he put in and are connected to a light and a socket, and he doesn't know what goes where in the 2-way CU?
Goodness knows. Difficult though it is to understand/believe, FWIW I read it as meaning that he would probably know 'what goes where' in the CU if he knew 'which cable was which' of the three that he has cut - which he appears not to know! Further clarification is clearly needed.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I can't work out how he has 3 old, cut, ones, as he removed the old garage, put up a new one, and put in new wiring to the light and the socket in it.

So where were all those old cables when there was nothing but a concrete slab there?

All is well "ban all sheds" I have been in discussion with the attendant from B&Q. He has kindly given me a sketch on a Rizla paper to follow. I will take the added safety precaution of wearing marigold gloves and welly boots when I switch on for the first time.

All is well "ban all sheds" I have been in discussion with the attendant from B&Q. He has kindly given me a sketch on a Rizla paper to follow. I will take the added safety precaution of wearing marigold gloves and welly boots when I switch on for the first time.
Whilst speaking out in BAS's defence is not something I'm generally known for, I think that's uncalled for. I, for one, (and I strongly suspect many others) are struggling to understand exactly what the situation is, and what question(s) you are asking.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
It does, though, strongly suggest that the OP came here with a preconceived idea of what he wanted to hear, and planned to reject advice which differed from that.

It does, though, strongly suggest that the OP came here with a preconceived idea of what he wanted to hear, and planned to reject advice which differed from that.
Possibly - although since we (at least, you and I) don't really understand the question, it's difficult to guess what answer he was wanting to hear!

Kind Regards, John

it's difficult to guess what answer he was wanting to hear!

But in replacing it it becomes your responsibility. You can't copy what was there before, as that might have been wrong.
All is well "ban all sheds" I have been in discussion with the attendant from B&Q. He has kindly given me a sketch on a Rizla paper to follow.

So, when carrying out electrical works we kind of like to carry out continuity and other tests. then we can fill in the installation certificate with some confidence.
Then there's the issue of testing.... http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Book/8.1.1.htm[/QUOTE]
I will take the added safety precaution of wearing marigold gloves and welly boots when I switch on for the first time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back