Help needed for novice with Texecom Premier Elite 24

I am connecting up a door switch to one of the extra zones on the keypad. Which contacts do I use? A or T, or one from both pairs?

Sponsored Links
If your doing eol the outer of both t and a or you can 4 wire if you have the cores.

Thanks for all the help. Going to power up the system for the first time this afternoon and try to set it up.

In the bell box, there is jumper for battery. As default it is open. Should I close it before I power up and commission the alarm or once its all working?

Sponsored Links
Just an update, all powered up and defaults loaded. Surprised myself that all worked! no bad wiring!

However, I have a problem with the disarming.

I can either use my key tag or code to arm the alarm. But went I come back in, it wont take my code and will only disarm with the keytag.

Any ideas?

use in setup users, user locked by, remove the C.

That way you can use a tag or fob on entry

great! all sorted!

Now got to wait for the Comm cable and hopefully setting up will be easier.

Any idea if you can adjust the brightness of the display?

sorted out the dimming.... very easy!

Is there a way to rename the zones? So for example instead of Zone 1, it reads front door?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back