Help needed for novice with Texecom Premier Elite 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All!

Its a great forum here and I have already learnt a lot! However, there are some specific questions that I am having difficulty answering.

Firstly some background about me: I am not an Alarm installer but I happily install LAN and ICE (in car entertainment) to competition standards. I have installed wired alarm systems before but this is like 10 years ago and also the packaged DIY types.

This time i decided go for it and purchased a Texecom premier elite 24 with Texecom PIR (built in 2k and 4k jumpers) and door contacts.

LOCATION OF SENSORS

G/F
Hallway- PIR and front door switch
Lounge- PIR
Kitchen/Diner- PIR and door switch (for patio door)
Utility room- Door switch (for door into garden)

1/F
Landing- PIR

Garage- PIR and Door Switch

My Questions:

What would be the best Zone groupings?
How do I serial the Texecom PIR with the inbuilt jumper set resistors for EOL? (I understand that you usually resistor the last in the chain)

No doubt I will have even more questions once you guys start to answer!

Thanks in Advance!

Sponsored Links
I've self fitted the same system a few months ago, personally I'd want each 'device' on its own zone and I also fitted a device in every room (even rooms only accessable through a window or via another detector i.e bedrooms past the landing PIR etc)

Have you wired each point seperatly back to the panel?

I would keep it to 1 device per zone.

there are diagrams of this in the installation manual you got with the panel, it be on the CD.

I would keep it to 1 device per zone.

there are diagrams of this in the installation manual you got with the panel, it be on the CD.

Sponsored Links
thanks for all the replies!

Here is what I have:

All points have been wired back to the control panel. I cant add anymore points now as all the wiring was done when I was renovating the house.

I have 2 keypads: 1 next to the front door and 1 on the landing

After reading the replies this is what I plan:

Zone 1: Front door switch
Zone 2: Hallway PIR (which points towards front door)
Zone 3: Lounge PIR
Zone 4: Kitchen/Diner PIR
Zone 5: Utility+Patio door switches
Zone 6: Landing PIR
Zone 7: Garage Door switch and Garage PIR
Zone 8: Currently un-used

If anyone has a better assignment of zones to offer, please let me know.

Now I have a question regarding the front door (zone 1) I understand that I can set this to have a delay to let me disarm the alarm. But as the Hallway PIR (Zone 2) also points at the door, would this detect movement and over ride the delay set on front door and hence sound the alarm immediately?

Alternatively, can I wire the Hallway PIR and Front door on the same Zone to give me delay for code entering? (or can I set both Zones to have delay?)

This would be ideal for me as I would like to activate all zones at night except Landing PIR (Zone 6). This is the only sensor I have upstairs. This means I can freely move around upstairs but have all downstairs protected.

If I forget to disarm the alarm in the morning before I go downstairs, the alarm should sound internally for me to disarm when it detects movement on Hallway PIR... Am I correct?

You set the door contact as entry / exit, and the hall pir as guard access

This will start the count down timer when you open the door, and the pir will ignore you as the door has been opened. If the pir is activated but the door hasn't been opened it will behave like a normal pir and cause an instant alarm.

You can program a part set for when you go to bed, which will arm all the sensors except the landing. You program the hall pir to become the entry / exit detector in part set mode. You can also make the front door instant alarm if you desire, or leave it as entry exit too if for example your spouse works nights and may come home before you've got up.

You set the door contact as entry / exit, and the hall pir as guard access

This will start the count down timer when you open the door, and the pir will ignore you as the door has been opened. If the pir is activated but the door hasn't been opened it will behave like a normal pir and cause an instant alarm.

Thanks for that but what if I forget to disarm when I come downstairs in the morning, this will mean an instant arm from the PIR. Is there a way to set the PIR to give a beep from the keypad for say 10 secs to notify me to disarm before Alarm siren?

It take it you didn't read " you set the hall to entry exit in part set" 😳 as above !

It take it you didn't read " you set the hall to entry exit in part set" 😳 as above !

Sorry, I did miss that and on re-reading I still cant see it! After reading again and again... I finally see it.

A Homer moment..... DOH! :oops:

Split the garage door and PIR up as you have a spare zone , also the utility door can be slaved to the keypad ( mapped ) if you have more than a 4 cord to the keypad, it's much easier to find a fault if every item has its own zone.

Thanks for all the replies. I think I am nearly there now!

So after all your comments, this is the latest plan:

Zone 1: Front door switch
Zone 2: Hallway PIR (which points towards front door)
Zone 3: Lounge PIR
Zone 4: Kitchen/Diner PIR
Zone 5: Utility door switch
Zone 6: Patio door switch
Zone 7: Landing PIR
Zone 8: Garage PIR
Zone 9: Garage Door Switch (connected to ZONE 2 on Keypad)

For the door switch, I am a little confused. Do I use EOL or EOL with Shunt set up?

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/h...remier-elite-24.416631/#3232981#ixzz3HcHeVQIV

Also, the premier 24 came with a bag od resistors.

Can anyone tell me what is what?

I have:

orange orange red gold= 3k3?
red red red gold= 2k2?
yellow violet red gold= 4k7?

Which 2 should I use to make EOL and Shunt on the Door contacts?

If using the double pole eol wiring type you can use 4k7 alarm, 2k2 eol, or 3k3 resistors for both.

So I fitted the door contacts with 4k7 and 2k2 resistors and installed them. On checking the wiring at the control panel the readings are:

door is shut the multimeter reads 2.2
door open reads 6.9

I hope that is correct?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back