Help needed with lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I'm changing a light fitting, however the wires coming out of the ceiling are 2x red, 2x black and 2x green & yellow twisted together to make one. The problem is my new light fitting which has a green & yellow wire, a black and a white?! With no labels on any of these. The light fitting I removed had a loop box in the fitting. I had wired up the new one and it came on, (blacks to black, reds to white) but when I switched it off it tripped the fuse.

Any help much appreciated.

Exaberite

Sponsored Links
I am aslo concerned about the balck and white wires.

where did you get this fitting and wht does it say on the box?

I brought this fitting about 4 years ago from Homebase and had it fitted fine back then. However I moved house recently and brought it with me and don't have the box anymore. the wiring in my house previously was different so I didn't have the same problem with so many wires.

Exaberite

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for the help guys, that diagram was especially useful, won't be forgetting where that is in a hurry! Got the light working ok, now to crack on with the rest of the decorating!

Exaberite

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back