Help please,New House Build Render Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone

I wondered if anyone could urgently help me,we have purchased a new build and are due to move in on the 29th June.

We have a visit planned with the site manager on Monday 22nd with a walk through of the house however right away I noticed that there is a colour distortion with the render on the gable end / garage that's different from the rest of the gable end. I know that the house was partially rendered then then front door/garage was done later however this is much whiter as per the pics

I'm not happy with this given then home cost but I wanted to ask the question with folks who are far more experienced than me

Is this normal and will it darken down or should i insist that it's all removed and done again? I just don't want to be fobbed off by the site manager so i appreciate any help or advice

Kind regards

Attachments

• 20150619_205925.jpg
    20150619_205925.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 204
  • 20150619_205914.jpg
    20150619_205914.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 210
Sponsored Links
I'm no expert on coloured rendering, but it does look to me like there are two different colours there, and I doubt that the light one will darken to match the other.

i worked for a plastering company for 6 years, and used wetherby k rend and dash receiver, which come in various colours.
there was one particular job when the boss under ordered on the k rend. So to over come this he went back to the store and picked up some bags containing similar colours, thinking back the colours was oatmeal, cream and ivory(in the powder form look the same). these other bags were mixed together to overcome the shortage.
the results was an obvious slight colour difference in the panels which the customer asked our boss why this was. my boss just told him it was different dry times and in a week or so will all look the same. it didnt

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back