Help please with appliance and ext lead

This might sound like a stupid question, but could I use a back box, 1 gang socket outlet and some twin and Earth or flex and make my own sort of extension cable that way? Or better to do as @blup suggested?
T and E is not suitable to make extension leads as its solid core, also its unlikely you could terminate in a plug properly.
As both 1.5 and 2.5, 3 core flex is produced then thats the best to use to make leads.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Ok, so I checked the data sticker on the tumble dryer, and it has a symbol like the attached (2nd down) with the 16A rating next to it.

upload_2021-4-12_19-7-18.png

There are no 16A fuses for UK plugs.
I might have to speak to Sharp then? I have what I assume is a U.K. 3 pin moulded plug and not European, 13A rated, 16A alledged fuse rating - still states 2700W, which is around 11.5A.

Sponsored Links
Just an update to this, after a lot of chasing “sharp” (it wasn’t sharp a company called 0800 repair - absolutely shocking customer service), i decided to take it up with AO, whose customer service on this occasion was exceptional. They agreed to replace the machine as it was under 12 months old, which arrived today. Spent most of today rearranging the garage, so I could use the plug socket.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back