Help!! Radiators hot but no Hot Water!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I have a gas central heating system with Baxi boiler. The whole system hadn't been working for some time, the problem was the system kept shutting off soon after starting. I bleed the radiators, pump and reduced the temperature on the cylinder thermostat and the boiler appears to be working fine without shut of, the radiators are hot and the system is coming on and off satisfactory in accordance with the clock. I continue however not to have hot water and don't know what else to try.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated please??

Sponsored Links
have you one of these ?
imagesug.jpg

or two of these near the pump ?

imapo.jpg

Yes I do, the top one I think, though the box is turned the other way up.

Also the pipes are all hot up to that point then turn cold from there to the cylinder. Is there something I can do to that fitting then?

Sponsored Links
with only the hot water on at the programmer turn the cyl stat up does the boiler kick in ?

yes it does, boiler works fine on both settings, hot water does not come out of the taps though. The pipes in the airing cupboard are hot right up to the part of the pic you posted, their is a pipe running from their to the cylinder which is cold.

so you turned the cylinder stat up and boiler kicked in but the pipe from valve to cylinder still cold ?

how long is boiler running for ? or does it cut out after a min or so ?

I didnt need to turn the stat up, the boiler is running fine whether switched to heating, water or both. It seems to be running perfectly and not cutting out as it was before.

Yes the pipe remains cold, though all the pipes running up to the valve are hot.

a short lenght of pipe vertical off the pipe from valve to cylinder
with maybe a thumb screw vent on the top

sounds like the cylinder coil is airlocked.

are you running the hw only at the moment no heating on ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back