Help removing a bath panel?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There,

How do you remove a solid wood bath panel?

We have a leak coming through our kitchen ceiling from the bathroom above. It looks like the water is running down the side of the bath, beside the wall and then going into the floor as the wooden bath panel and skirting board at that side is starting to rot.
We managed to stop it for a while by attaching the shower curtain to the wall, but this morning after my shower, we noticed a new leak further along, it's now coming through where the kitchen ceiling light is.

I've been trying for the past hour to remove the bath panel, I've lifted up the lino and there are floor tiles underneath, but the bath panel was installed above them.
I’ve been using a screwdriver to try and pry the panel from the bottom, but it’s really stuck and there’s hardly no movement in it.

Obviously the panel was installed when there was nothing else in the room, as the sink pedestal is also very near the bath – there’s about 6 inches between them and there is a wall at either end of the bath.

Am I just going to have to get an axe and chop the thing off?? Haha!

Sponsored Links
We managed to get the bath panel off, we had to remove some of the floor tiles so we could get leverage underneath.

Hubby won't let me remove all the tiles though to see the extense of the water damage underneath :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back