Help replacing a door entry handset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

First time posting, found this forum when googling the same question.

I live in a block of flats that has a video door entry system. I'd like to replace the handset in my flat to something more modern and aesthetically pleasing. The one I have is a bticino 334102.
I've had a look at the back and I can see the wiring and dip switches (photos attached). I found out what the dip switches do but I haven't been able to find anything online about what the wiring connection numbers mean.

I own my own flat but the freehold belongs to the management company that manages all the blocks of flats. I'm hesitant to ask the management company as they probably won't understand why I want to replace it since it works fine.

My questions are:

1. What new handsets are compatible?
2. What do the wire connection numbers relate to? (power, latch, light etc).
3. Will disconnecting the wires knock out the entry system for the whole block? (don't think my neighbours or the management company would be happy about that)

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Jim

IMG_2415.JPG IMG_2412.JPG

Sponsored Links
The entryphone will be maintained by the leaseholder, best to ask if you can contact the contractor they use to replace it.

Thanks

Wasn't sure if I could replace it myself, looks like I better talk to the management company.

Sponsored Links
Did you sort it out, why did it need replacing ? its not that bad and the others not necessarily nicer. The numbers relate to a function and there are several systems that are different even in the Bticino range.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back