Help! Roof leaking on extention, velux window flashing foam

The problem with a lot of leaking skylights is they were installed by the builder and he didn't bother fitting the BFX collar.

On another note Velux are due to launch a new flashing kit which will go down to 10° so should help eliminate these problems.

Hi. Is this new flashing kit different to the existing EAW which works with a kerb which creates a bigger angle?

Sponsored Links
The EAW is really a mini dormer. The new flashing from what I can see from the picture will keep the window in the same plain as the roof.

The EAW is really a mini dormer. The new flashing from what I can see from the picture will keep the window in the same plain as the roof.

Can you share a link please, any idea when they Will be available.

I don't have a link sorry! they are in the new Velux brochure 2021
out in september it says.

Sponsored Links
Worth checking if the roof covering is rated down to pitch you have; 10 degree pitch should be treated as a flat roof (care must be taken with the up-stands as minimum 150mm height would apply for rain bounce/snow melt etc.) plus if it exceeds height from original planning application (or agreed permitted development height) planning you may be in breach. VELUX products will be the best option but care must be taken to ensure they can integrate with existing scenarios and comply with current Build and Planning regulations for your your home UK Nation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back