HELP - Virus problem

Joined
14 Jan 2005
Messages
2,116
Reaction score
387
Location
Glamorgan
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys
This has just hit me on my laptop Windows 11. Have used Norton to scan system both on and offline with nothing found.
Ive also tried Defender.
Any ideas for fix?
Cheers

Doug
20261009_133619.jpg
 
I don't think it is a virus. It might be a pop up from the MS Edge browser.

check the following


It is a dodgy company that wants you pay for their AV to remove the fake alerts that they are sending through your browser.

Remove permissions from the browser for pop ups (read:notifications).

The AV software on your PC often ignores browser notifications because they are not viruses/malware. At some point you probably granted permissions for the pop ups without realising.

In the past I have had to fix (even) Android phones which were not usable because of browser notifications that load at boot time and which bombarded the user with offers to fix it. The phone was unusable, you would close one window and the next would load instantly. I had to boot the android in safe mode, delete any app I didn't recognise and then remove browser pop up notification permissions.
 
Back
Top