Help with a free view box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's a Goodmans GDB6, mum has it connected to her Digital TV,a Samsung DVD/VCR plus a camera at the front of her house.
It was all connected by a TV engineer ( after we had problems getting the camera to work) apparently my brother messed with it and the red stand by light would not turn to green, the engineer said it was " locked " he promptly sorted it out and left.
Now mum said the red light is stuck on again, is there a certain sequence or number we have to use ? I tried unplugging it in case was mudded ( foot prints, i hear could cause problems).
The camera only works on analogue, so don't know why the digital problem would bother it.
Mum is worried when her camera wont work, she checks to see who is at her door before opening it.
Thanks for any help you guys could offer
Lynn

Sponsored Links
I did a quick google for this box and it would seem that others have had similar problems.

Does it have a factory reset button anywhere?

It might be best to contact goodmans customer support 0870 873 0080.

Thank you for your reply, I googled and didn't find much at all. I will have to go to mums and check for a "reset button" if we have no luck there I'll phone Goodmans (again thanks, for the Number).
Oh well, of to mums,to see what we can't see. :confused:
Lynn

Sponsored Links
Hmmm, your problem is that it is a Goodmans.
Normally Freeview boxes are not a huge problem, from your comments it seems that you have tried what is necessary to reset the box.
Switch it off at the wall socket, leave it off for 2 minutes, switch back on at the wall socket, leave on standby for 60 seconds then switch on again.
If that does not work Tesco have currently boxes at £24.95 and £29.95 and they are just fine, don't pay any more than that the higher priced units really are no better.
p.s. I have been and still am in the trade in excess of 30 years :eek:

hehe i knew it. search for goodmans on that site and it brings up alba. Just as i thought, they are the same company. :cool:

Back