Help with a new kitchen circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am building a new kitchen and there is no electric in there so i need to put in a new circuit. I have drawn a diagram of what im doing. Iam not sure if I should make it a 32A ring or weather I need to increase the cable size .Also what size breaker should I use? can I use a 32A on this radial with a 4mm2 cable?
[/img]

Sponsored Links
I do realise I have a lack of knowlage thats why I am asking on here.

• For a circuit to supply a given load, how would you go about deciding what cable and protective device to use?

• Do you know which circuits can be ring finals and which cannot, and what the advantages and disadvantages of each are?

• Do you know what the two main lighting circuit topologies are, and what the advantages and disadvantages of each are?

• How do you calculate maximum demand and how can diversity be used?

• What are the 3 different types of domestic single-phase supplies provided in this country, how would you recognise them, and what differences do each make to the requirements for the rest of the installation, particularly any outdoor supplies?

• Do you understand how the way in which you install cables affects how much current they can carry?

• What are the rules concerning cables concealed in walls, partitions and under floors?

• Can you identify extraneous conductive parts, and do you know the requirements for main and supplementary bonding of them?

• Which circuits should be RCD protected?

• Do you know what tests you would carry out on the installation - what sequence you'd do them in and at what point you would energise the installation, and for each test do you know what is being measured, why it is important, how you would carry out the test, and with what equipment, and what sort of results you would expect to get if everything was OK?

Sponsored Links
I do realise I have a lack of knowlage thats why I am asking on here.
While you deserve credit for raising the issue, this is a diy forum and the installation of a new circuit, especially one in a kitchen, does require a level of knowledge above that of the majority of diyers.

You do not say what information you have provided to your Local Authority Building Control for example. You have not mentioned the need to additionally protect the circuit - nor have you identified how you intend to test that the ring/radial final circuit meets the testing criteria.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back