help with electric wires.

Those FCU's will be live all the time!!!!

So beware. There will be an off-peak supply for the storage heater itself and a 24 hour supply for a fan to circulate the heat.

Make sure you isolate both supplies.

Sponsored Links
No you did not. At no point have you mentioned safe isolation procedures and how it is done.

In fact you did not post anything about this topic yesterday, at all.

Sponsored Links
No you did not. At no point have you mentioned safe isolation procedures and how it is done.

In fact you did not post anything about this topic yesterday, at all.

Ye, it was MONDAY !
Get an electrican to disconnect the wiring at the Fuse Box and you can safely undertake the rest.

Kind Regards,

NA
Get an electrican in to disconnect the wiring from the switches.

I assume your managment agreement does not allow you to do DIY electrics.

Kind Regards,

KA
The circuit will only be LIVE during the off peak times. Remove the cover plates and disconnect the outgoing cable to your heaters and refit the cover plates.[/quote]

How do you know? One heater has two supplies, as advised get an electrician before you kill yourself.

NA

ye, i said that yesterday.

No you didn't

SLOW OR WHAT :mrgreen:
You're slow?

Edited to reflect what KA actually had in his 3rd post.

Make sure the switch on your fusebox is OFF! The circuit will only be LIVE during the off peak times. Remove the cover plates and disconnect the outgoing cable to your heaters and refit the cover plates.

Fyi,

Kindest Regards,

Knowall

6au4.jpg

Aplogies to Taylortwocities, your're not slow. Your appear to have some competition :LOL:

I think we are all still waiting for you to show us where and when you did advise the use of safe isolation procedures.

And as usual, the post has been dragged off topic and into a fight by everyone's favourite members.

To the OP, as others have said, some of those connections will be live all the time. If you don't isolate properly before opening them up you risk serious injury or death. Also if you remove the wrong cables you may end up with other electrics in the property not working any longer.

I strongly suggest getting an electrician to sort it out for you, it will take them no more than half an hour. Or if you have a friend / family with electrical experience ask them.

And as usual, the post has been dragged off topic and into a fight by everyone's favourite members.
As usual, I will not tolerate, to any degree, unjustified and misinformed criticism.

By anybody, and of anybody.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back