Help with external rendering / sealing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
We have a wall that is letting in some water around the outside of a window. Please see attached images of inside and outside. I believe it's the brickwork and/or render around the window on the outside. The timber lintel is exposed. We recently sealed the coping stones above and the chimney repointed which helped significantly (see additional photos) but during heavy rain, it still lets in some water and the plaster inside gets damp. Could anyone suggest how to treat the wall/lintel outside?

Many thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Inside.jpg
    Inside.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 118
  • Outside 1.jpg
    Outside 1.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 105
  • Outside 2.jpg
    Outside 2.jpg
    475 KB · Views: 114
  • Fixes 2.jpg
    Fixes 2.jpg
    470.2 KB · Views: 103
  • Fixes.jpg
    Fixes.jpg
    394.9 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I'd get up and fill the cracks in roof masonry with polymer mastic. Really need to seal that and see how things go as I can see cracks. Mask either side of crack to keep tidy. If that works get up next year and sort out properly.

Storm dry on the outside walls.

Plan B is to cover the outside wall temporarily to see if that sorts out the problem but always start at the top and work down . Frustrating at times tracking down water leaks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back