Help with identifying type of fuse in a consumer unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know the correct name for the types of fuse used in consumer units? I need to buy a few 5a ones, but they're not the same as those which go into plugs, they're a bit shorter. The length is 22mm, the one I have is made by Lawson, BS 1361.

Looked up good ol eBay but most seem to be for plugs, which I have loads of!!

:)

Thanls

Sponsored Links
You are correct, they are a (slightly) different size to the normal plug fuse (which is a BS1362).

The las ones that I bought came from B&Q ... most of the bigger DIY dsheds have them, failing that any decent wholesaler or the like of CPC

Adrian

Sponsored Links
The consumer unit fuses are around two pounds each in my local hardware store or B&Q.
It may be more cost effective to invest in a plug in retrofit mini-trip breaker, if you have a Wylex consumer board - lamps blowing can operate lighting circuits fuses - especially where GU10 Halogens are involved.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back