Help with old alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just moved into a property with a house alarm. Previous owners did not leave any information or manuals other than the code to activate/deactivate.

Hoping some of you guys, with years of experience, can help me with the following questions;

1.) Can anyone identifiy what alarm this is so I can look for an instruction manual?
There are no identifying marks on the internal boxes and the boxes on front/back of the house have degraded.

2.) From reading diynot.com, I'm led to believe this will be wired into the consumer unit and have a backup battery.
There is nothing on the consumer unit to give any hints of how this is wired.
Is there usually a standard wiring pattern i.e. adding to the upstairs lighting circuit?
I want to switch circuits off at the consumer unit such as upstairs lighting to replace a light fitting. Am I buggered wihtout calling out an electrician?

P.s. really don't want to be setting off the alarm via a trial and error pulling switches if I can help it. I've already set it off once and took a while to dig out the code.

Thanks in advance guys.

1b.jpg
2b.jpg
3b.jpg

Sponsored Links
Cheers guys!
Just searching CP8L on diynot and get 3 pages of results so loads to go off now.

Sponsored Links
The power will be fed from that fused spur directly above the keypad. Probably a backup battery inside the keypad case as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back