Help with wiring in electric hob tonight

• Thread starter attractivebrunette
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, I'll get some earth sleeving.

Coljack, do I need to do anything to that link bar? Or can I just wire the live into either 1 or 2 and the link bar will do the rest?

Sponsored Links
You can pull it out and use it instead of a bit of cable as it will fit perfectly between junctions 1 and 2

Good luck with it - you just need to work on the oven now.
If you take the back of it off, there will be a connection block of some description, hopefully with the current weighting or wattage printed nearby - it should be in the instruction book anyway.

Current = wattage / 240

Sponsored Links
Just to add - am no sparky.
But piccy with service fuse/cutout.......... where's the fecking meter?
Do you get leccy bills?
Is it a big building (flats) with all the meters in a cupboard somewhere?

Couple of points:

1) Those double cooker outlet plates are not too easy to find. I had to buy mine by post from somewhere I've forgotten on the internet. So if someone knows a definate source, it will save some frustration.

2) OP is lucky to have chosen a good forum name. I can't imagine someone called 'pimplybloke' getting so much positive help. :confused:

OP is lucky to have chosen a good forum name. I can't imagine someone called 'pimplybloke' getting so much positive help. :confused:

:LOL: Probably is a pimply bloke!

I'm changing my name to "lapdancer4u"

Just to add - am no sparky.
But piccy with service fuse/cutout.......... where's the f*****g meter?
Do you get leccy bills?
Is it a big building (flats) with all the meters in a cupboard somewhere?
Amazing - nobody else noticed this, even me :LOL:

flameport, that double outlet plate may not be suitable, depending on the wattage of the oven (which we still dont know) :cry:

OMG - I can't believe you lot of suckers have helped this bird so much when others of the opposite sex get shot down in flames!

I think she should change her user name to DUMB BLONDE - I just hope she realised what a very lucky escape she has had and that you lot have probably just saved her life!

Next time love, get an electrician in to do the work, please.

where is she?..............you dont think.......... :eek: ....she has used the flex :eek:

Anybody whos bothered, attractivebrunette has uploaded a photo of herself to her profile ;)

(current views of her profile stand at 373 . . and counting) :LOL:

before you even bother to post.. no you can't connect a hob with 15A connector block...

and you still need earth sleeving on the bare copper wire..

what is that black cable hanging to the right?

that's probably your oven feed...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back