Hep20 vs JG Speedfit

The fact it has a 50 year warranty, and is specified by most of the major developers, Taylor Wimpey, Redrow, Bellway, Persimmon etc speaks for itself.

Having just moved from a new build development (1500 properties) i would with personal experience say the 50 year warranty would be voided due to installation techniques.

(y)

Sponsored Links
Most of the leading brands are ok but for me Hep2o has been around the longest and has evolved into a very good system.
The fact it has a 50 year warranty, and is specified by most of the major developers, Taylor Wimpey, Redrow, Bellway, Persimmon etc speaks for itself.
It's specified by the major developers because they get good discounts on it. The 50 year guarantee only covers the fittings, not the consequential loss, so if a 22mm elbow blows off and floods your house and you can prove that it was installed correctly and a faulty fitting, they will send you a replacement fitting. That's it. The thousands of pounds worth of damage to your house are still something you have to fork out for yourself. The guarantee is therefore little more than a marketing trick

I've always used Hep20 but recently did a job using JG as I liked the idea of the compression nut part of the system.

I didn't like the tube - feels too rigid and easy to kink and crease.
2 of the fittings leaked as manipulating the pipe while installing further runs can undo the compression nut and leave the joint vulnerable... it would be better if the twist fitting had a 'click lock' when fully tightened and perhaps a coloured indicator to show that it had been engaged!

I'm going to stick with hep.

I use both too, depends on what's available price wise. Just as reliable as each other IMO.

Any time I use JG, then these collets go on @dilalio, keeps the nut in place

shopping

Sponsored Links
Should be part of the fitting... as those are just another thing to forget/lose/have to go to the bloody van again to get! :whistle::ROFLMAO:

Having just moved from a new build development (1500 properties) i would with personal experience say the 50 year warranty would be voided due to installation techniques.

(y)

That may well be the case but that would be the same for any product that hasn't been installed as per the manufacturers instructions.
The warranty is about product quality and cannot cover installations by numpties

It's specified by the major developers because they get good discounts on it. The 50 year guarantee only covers the fittings, not the consequential loss, so if a 22mm elbow blows off and floods your house and you can prove that it was installed correctly and a faulty fitting, they will send you a replacement fitting. That's it. The thousands of pounds worth of damage to your house are still something you have to fork out for yourself. The guarantee is therefore little more than a marketing trick

That may be the case with some manufacturers but I know for a fact that the Hep2o warranty is insurance backed and does cover "all costs" if it is a manufacturing defect, it obviously doesn't cover installer error.

Where can I get some of them as my local supplier doesn’t keep them

I just get my factor to order them in. £4 odds for a pack of 100.

Just keep them in a plastic tub in the same bucket as my JG fittings and inserts so they're easy to find.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back