Hi, new to the forum, and need some help. (pics inside)

right went back to midshires electrical, an purchased a fused spur switch. fitted it and it all works, im uploading the pics as i type so i'll get some photos up soon.

Right then........fused spur switch
decklight1.jpg

deck lights:
decklight.jpg

I built that BTW :LOL:

Garage electrics pics :

garageelectrics001.jpg

Its an non link gargage so heres the armored cabling
garageelectrics002.jpg

Sponsored Links
Don't want to put a dampener on this for you, but that 2-way garage unit does not appear to have RCD protection (unless the outgoing circuits have RCBO's - which we will not know until you drop the flap on that unit).

If this is the case then you'll have to look in the house consumer unit to see if the outgoing feed to that garage cu is on the RCD side of the unit.

If not - you'll need to get it sorted - sockets outside must have supplementary protection with 30mA RCD's.

Have a look and let us know. If you are not sure just post some pics of the house CU and we'll let you know.

I hate that feeling you get when you try to offer advice by asking questions about the job, and the OP continually ignores you....you end up banging your head against the wall asking yourself whether they really want the advice or not...

Sponsored Links
securespark said:
I hate that feeling you get when you try to offer advice by asking questions about the job, and the OP continually ignores you....you end up banging your head against the wall asking yourself whether they really want the advice or not...

I have taken your advise by fitted a fused spur switch. Just checked the consumer unit, and there is a fuse for the garage, so it is RCD protected.
Thanks for all your help. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back