High Bar with Baxi 105 SE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Baxi 105 SE which has been fitted for a few months was sounding a little more noisy than it normally does today and when I had a look at it's settings I noticed that the bar dial was right round at the 4 bar indicator, it's generally been around 2 previously - bit concerned – is this a problem as it does say on it that it should operate somewhere between 0.5 and 2.5?

Sponsored Links
The heating has been on, it's off now and the dial is still on 4. The heating hasn't been on until the last day or so, maybe that's got something to do with it?

Sponsored Links
Getting somewhere, undid the radiator valve, quite a lot of air came out and the pressure had dropped to 2 bar

hi-spec plumbing heating said:
can you get it to 1.5 bar at it's highest.
just hold a jug and catch the water

I've emptied some water out as well as air and it's settled at slightly above 1.5 bar now – so I guess that's a bit more as it should be.

Heating's been running now for a few minutes and it's staying at 1.5 bar (in fact it has now dropped down to 1.5 bar rather than just above)

I'll keep my eye on it and if it goes up again I'll call the people who fitted it to have a look.

Cheers for the help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back