High Rise Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good grief

Quote the whole of my reply.

johnd context.jpg

Sponsored Links
well make your mind up.

Do you think that a government has responsibility for setting the law regarding flammable homes, or don't you?

Is it Friday?

Oh dear John, you have created the concept of "flammable homes".

The point is that you will post a lot of information ( some of it from dubious sources ) that supports your opinion that the Conservative Government is to blame for the Grenfell incident and at the same time ignore or white wash information that shows the Labour Government and many Labour run Councils are not perfect in the way they have managed social housing projects.

Sponsored Links
Another mis-quote and twisted context from John

Cameron wanted to rationalise the plethora of Health and Safety rules, many of which contradict each other and lead to uncertainty about what is really safe.

If Health and Safety regulations had been obeyed by the emergency services at the Grenfell incident then fewer people would have been saved.

You are very keen to stir the political dimension.

You have not denied that reports and recommendations resulted from investigation into the Lakenhall fire. You have not denied that these were not acted on by the government. You have not denied that seven years and four housing ministers brought no improvement. You have not denied that unthinking hatred of regulation exists.

Prepare yourself for the deregulation mania to become less fashionable.

"We don’t yet know if building regulations were weakened or disregarded at Grenfell Tower, or if rules were obeyed but wholly inadequate. We do know that coroners and experts calling for tougher safeguards were simply ignored by those who should have listened. With residents of another 4,000 tower blocks needing urgent reassurance, whatever national appetite for deregulation and risk there might have been has gone."

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-tape-people-die-boris-johnson-grenfell-tower

Is it Friday?

I criticise government failure to act on information, reports and to ignore warnings of danger, especially when, as in this case, it has let to numerous horrible deaths. I don't really believe you have any objection to that. You're just uncomfortable that the government responsible for failure is a tory one.

There's not much chance that I will spend my time criticising the actions of Gladstone or Disraeli or other governments of the past.

Is it Friday? If Chancellor Osborne says "My understanding is that it is Friday" do you believe him?

"'We need to realise, collectively, that we cannot eliminate risk and that some accidents are inevitable,' PM says"

"Prime Minister David Cameron today said that his new year's resolution was to "kill off the health and safety culture for good".

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...n-i-will-kill-off-safety-culture-6285238.html

He said he wanted a bonfire of regulations.

We got it.

"kill off the health and safety culture for good".
I listened to the linked clip - i didn't hear him say that.

Perhaps Kensington and Chelsea Council have spent small fortunes on "Safe handling of sandwiches" and "Counting plasters - a comprehensive guide" training courses, which hoovered up precious funds that could have been allocated to more important safety measures?

I listened to the linked clip - i didn't hear him say that.

I am sorry that the 54 second clip you listened to did not encompass his entire speech.

Try the text on that web page.

Perhaps Kensington and Chelsea Council have spent small fortunes on "Safe handling of sandwiches" and "Counting plasters - a comprehensive guide" training courses, which hoovered up precious funds that could have been allocated to more important safety measures?

And perhaps they spent the taxpayer's money on other, more important things:

"Last year Nicholas Paget-Brown, Lead Councillor for Kensington & Chelsea, received £54,769, the highest special responsibility allowance of any councillor in the country, despite the council’s overall reduction of allowances expenditures."

http://www.kcwtoday.co.uk/2016/04/rbkc-council-leaders-special-allowance-the-highest-in-the-country/

large-651490-img-1871.png

And perhaps they didn't.

I'm very impressed by your imaginative ability to invent false reasons why "health and safety" causes buildings to burn down with terrible loss of life.

if you have a record of his speech which you consider to be more accurate, please show it.

Or, if you prefer, a copy of Cameron's press complaint in which he alleges he was misquoted.

Perhaps it's in the same file as your fictitious "Counting plasters - a comprehensive guide" documents.

if you have a record of his speech which you consider to be more accurate, please show it.

Or, if you prefer, a copy of Cameron's press complaint in which he alleges he was misquoted.

I don't, but as you were using the alleged phrase to support your post, the onus is on you to provide it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back