Hire Digger and man to dig foundations price?

This sounds daft but search for digger hire on fleabay, it will give you an idea. Many of them are just a bloke with a digger though.

Sponsored Links
get a couple of guys to quote and make sure theyve got public liability insurance.

As has been said, its easy to get the hang of them in terms of moving all the levers and what does what. The art is in being accurate, methodical, safe and working out the digging game plan so you dont get stuck where you dont want to be!

Put it this way, if you overdig a hole, youve got to pay to get rid of it and pay to fill it back up with something!

Put it this way, if you overdig a hole, youve got to pay to get rid of it and pay to fill it back up with something!
lol

too true i know i've done it :oops: dug out and skipped 40ton topsoil............then had to buy back in to get my levels. ffs.

this is the type of job i do, digging the footing is easy, its the muck thats the problem. its normally the access that causes all the headaches.
i charge £170 a day for me and mini digger all in, no hidden extras.

Hi diggerjones,

We were wondering if you are available to dig out a trench approx 2ft wide and 20m in length.

We have found that we have lead pipes supplying or mains water and so need to dig it out.
We are not sure how close it lies to the main sewage. You may have to be a bit careful of the pipes.

We are in Altrincham and have to contact the waterboard this Tues to find out were our mains stop valve is first.

Kind regards

Nayan & Julie

Sponsored Links
its a bit of a surprise, this thread was 2009. bit far for me, i am in audlem the southernest town/village in the county. i've done loads of these jobs. the water board will conect you up for free but you have to do the groundwork and supply the pipe. one of the problems is coming into the house at 2' 6'' down. the other thing they tell you is you have to have the trench inspected before its backfilled, tis is not practical in some cases and also means digger and driver have to return. what i do is put site pipes down.
cheers dylan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back