Hive 1 wiring help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, I know there's a ton of posts already covering hive installs...but after reading them I'm not happy to continue till I'm certain I know what I'm doing.
I'm comfortable wiring it to the fused spur, but not sure about the other wires because most posts seem to involve external programmers/controllers.

My boiler is a biasi Garda he (M96.28SM/B2) there's no external programmer, there is a sunvic digital tlx7501 on the wall but as far as I'm aware it's not connected to anything.

On the 'external controls terminal block' 1 & 3 are bridged as in the diagram.

Any help/advice would be very much appreciated I can post pics of the boiler wiring if necessary, just need to give it a quick wipe down first

Thanks
Mike

Screenshot_20170722-091520.jpg Screenshot_20170722-091812.jpg

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately the Hive is not directly compatible. The Biasi needs volt-free contacts for the thermostat (terminal 1+3 on the external controls).

You could use an additional contactor or you need to purchase a different controller

Thanks aptsys :) note to self: rtfm (user not service :cautious:)

Would I be ok with the hive single channel version or is that one not directly compatible either?

Sponsored Links
The single channel should be fine. It just has one set of changeover contacts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back