hive 2 wiring help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is the hive receiver 2 channel a straight swap for honeywell 7 day 2 channel.

I have 2 two port valves. A cm907 room stat with two wires coming out of it.

Programmer has 4 wires. Live neutral 3 and 4 for hw and ch.

So if I'm going for a swap correct me if I'm wrong, receiver is a straight swap, but what do i do with the room stat wiring

Sponsored Links
There are slot of threads on this.

The hive receiver will fit an industry standard backplate.
What model is your current timer? "Honeywell" still leaves us guessing.

To disconnect your room stat. U will need to be competent with a multi meter. Go into the wiring centre, remove room thermostat wires and replace with a link.

Hi
Programmer is st9400. In terms of back plate im not too bothered as i can do new one on a drywall easy.

But in terms of wiring slots on st9400 are the same as the hive 2 receiver. Same wiring goes in to it?

When you say link the room stat , why not isolate them from wiring centre all together, what does linking neutral and satisfied do? (This are the two wires in the cm907 going to the wiring centre)

Oh dear!!

You won't have a neutral and satisfied. Disregard the colours of the wires as it sounds like it was installed by a chimp. What contacts are the wires in?

Jon

Sponsored Links
You do dissconnect them completely from the wiring centre and fit link where they came out of. I prefer to move the cable but Bg advise fitting a link.

The blue is not a neutral.

Oh dear!!

You won't have a neutral and satisfied. Disregard the colours of the wires as it sounds like it was installed by a chimp. What contacts are the wires in?

Jon
Hi jon
There's two wires going to the wiring centre
A and B room stat cmt907

Attachments

• 1455199595395-458735854.jpg
    1455199595395-458735854.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 403
You do dissconnect them completely from the wiring centre and fit link where they came out of. I prefer to move the cable but Bg advise fitting a link.

So lets say i isolate them put them in a connector tape it up and remove those two from the wiring centre and do the same then it should be ok?

OK the picture you have shown shows no neutral. I take back the fact that it was wired by a chimp. It's wired properly and has given you a line and a switched line in appropriate colours.

If you can't read these simple instructions and can't tell what wiring colours are do you think it's safe to be doing this?

GS1985 has given you the advice you need.

Jon

So lets say i isolate them put them in a connector tape it up and remove those two from the wiring centre and do the same then it should be ok?

The wire will be dead and safe but you need to link out where to room stat was or it won't work.
So many of these threads come up about hive. The £50 u saved by not buying from Bg with installation is hardly worth it.
These things are best installed and setup by someone who knows what they are doing and does it regularly.

What made I think a yellow and a red cable going into A and B one of them would be a neutral.

I would suggest u return your self installation kit and book Bg at £249 to supply and fit. Or ring a gas engineer to install it for u.

OK the picture you have shown shows no neutral. I take back the fact that it was wired by a chimp. It's wired properly and has given you a line and a switched line in appropriate colours.

If you can't read these simple instructions and can't tell what wiring colours are do you think it's safe to be doing this?

GS1985 has given you the advice you need.

Jon
Hi jon
I know that from the stat you'd have line and switch line that both directly go to programmer and heating valve
I was just saying neutral and common because i read it elsewhere and that's why i was asking.
I wanted to ask that when the hive stat calls/satisfies heat, it'd send a signal to the receiver which would in turn signal heating valve (that's why 4 and 5 at wiring should be linked) and the heating valve orange wire will fire the boiler

What made I think a yellow and a red cable going into A and B one of them would be a neutral.

I would suggest u return your self installation kit and book Bg at £249 to supply and fit. Or ring a gas engineer to install it for u.

Hi i dint i only opened it recently. I did know that one goes to programmer to ch
And other to heating valve
I was asking because i saw it on another thread not saying that that's what i had. I only wanted insight as to why the 4 and 5 at the wiring centre needed bridging.

Am I missing something here?, link the room stat s/l and calling together with an electrical connector and leave it in the wall and replace programmer with hive receiver

Am I missing something here?, link the room stat s/l and calling together with an electrical connector and leave it in the wall and replace programmer with hive receiver
That's exactly it.

Then u have a love cable terminating in the wall.
I know of a situation exactly as that where the customer then decided to move the wireless thermostat and fill the hole.
He was electrocuted
Not my installation I might add

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back