hive 2 wiring help needed

Then u have a love cable terminating in the wall.
I know of a situation exactly as that where the customer then decided to move the wireless thermostat and fill the hole.
He was electrocuted
Not my installation I might add

So. With great care and perseverance i have successfully installed a hive 3. Everything works great, as a standalone and with app as well.

I noticed the receiver (not the hub) has an ethernet port. Any one know what that's for as it doesn't appear anywhere on the manual

Sponsored Links
It's there for software updates.

Don't think it will ever be used though

I know of a situation exactly as that where the customer then decided to move the wireless thermostat and fill the hole.
He was electrocuted
It wont be the only live cable in the walls.

Sponsored Links
He was electrocuted

So. With great care and perseverance i have successfully installed a hive 3. Everything works great, as a standalone and with app as well.

I noticed the receiver (not the hub) has an ethernet port. Any one know what that's for as it doesn't appear anywhere on the manual

Gave up on the Hive 2 you started installing then? I'm happy they gave you a preview of the Hive 3 before us all.

I'm glad you're sorted but you really didn't have a clue on wiring or electrics which is why you weren't helped.

Happy heating x

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back