Hive from Potterton EP2002 and heating pump now not running

SEF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, first time poster.
I replaced my Potterton EP2002 with a hive system yesterday and seem to have a problem that the pump isn’t running, was fine a few hrs earlier before I installed the Hive.
My old system had no thermostat and just used thermostatic radiator valves and the timer on then Potterton. I’ve just recently moved in and didn’t like the set up.
The hive installation was ok if a bit fiddly with numerous cables to the Potterton as per the first poster.
It’s has all connected etc but the boiler only stays on for around 30seconds before clicking off?
It was fine prior to the hive and recently serviced.
I now have a very cold house and I’m not sure what I’ve done wrong but am very keen to get the heating running again ASAP
I followed the guides on this forum and all wired seem to be in correct places like for like where applicable.
Anyone else had a similar issue ?
I stupidly forgot to photograph my original set up so can’t easily revert it.
Thanks in advance
Steve

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/...ing-and-hot-water.470685/page-3#ixzz5bowq42PX

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
In case anyone reads the post and wonders what the issue was, a loose N was the culprit on the pump cable terminal to the hive
All working now

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back