Hive install on Ideal Vogue GEN 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon,

I have an Ideal Vogue GEN2 c34 combi boiler with the Ideal Touch and want to remove and install the Hive.

I have wired the mains into the hive, removed the red link out of the boiler ( for thermostat) wired to 1 & 3 on the hive. I have unplugged the old wireless thermostat, but my question is do I need to refit the timer option link? ( The one that the installers remove when installing?)

As when I ask the transmitter to bring on the heating the relay in the transmitter trips but doesn't bring the heating on?

Any Ideas peeps?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
There is nothing wired into opentherm

There is, it's wired internally if you have the clip-in Ideal receiver. If you follow the loom back from the connector that the receiver plugs into, you'll see.

I did the same and got rid of the Ideal Touch. You'd better off doing the same as me and going for Nest, which controls the vogue by opentherm.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back