Hive install to Vokera vision plus 40c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’d like to install a hive i have purchased connecting to my boiler. I have a hive mini and vokera vision plus 40c.
I can pick up the live and neutral but don’t know where to connect the hive to the boiler (see picture)
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_9924.jpeg
    IMG_9924.jpeg
    471.1 KB · Views: 35
Sponsored Links
if I’m reading this correctly the terminals coming from the hive are volt free?
Eg l and n are 230v into hive and the others 1,2,3,4 are not (which is where i should be connecting cn5)

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
I would look for manual then do a "Find in page" hunt for Opentherm, if you get a hit then Hive is not a suitable thermostat. However there may be a default option where the boiler replaces a previous one, so thermostat is next word, and see if it says some thing like 24 VDC is so then must use a volt free thermostat, the Hive single channel is volt free.

There is a diagram 1711061559820.png there is a good diagram 1711061727133.png which does show what is what. 1711061910638.png however the instructions are rather involved.

Personally I would not attempt to fit a thermostat myself, swap one already fitted yes, but a quick read of the manual and look at your picture I see no link here
1711062423087.png
so it seems likely some changes as to how boiler is configured may be required, I have no intension of reading the manual for you.

a quick read of the manual and look at your picture I see no link here
1711062423087.png
so it seems likely some changes as to how boiler is configured may be required
Then look harder!
The small black tab in the picture, is the edge of the bridge, linking the terminal blocks.
No changes to the configuration are necessary.

and see if it says some thing like 24 VDC is so then must use a volt free thermostat, the Hive single channel is volt free.
The Vokera is ELV switching - hence...
it’s volt free so no mains links!
and
...yes, CN5 to terminals 1 and 3 of the (Single Channel) Hive mini receiver.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back