Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
image.jpg image.jpg
Hi,

I have today wired up the Hive thermostat, receiver and hub.

Connected up the wires how they were on the old receiver and now the boiler is not working. Works from the main thermostat to receiver, but doesn’t action the boiler.

Have now taken off the plate on the boiler and can see that the actual grey and earth wire has been cut..

Please help!

Sponsored Links
Put the black wire in 3 and a link from L to 1. And get rid of that grey wire that has been stripped back far too much.

image.jpg Thank you John.

Is this now good to go? Don’t want to be blowing up ha ha!

Also, do I not need to do anything with the earth wire on the receiver has this has been cut in wire at the boiler ?

Sponsored Links
Hi I have connected a hive stat exactly the same as this poster to a vallaint pro 28 combi boiler but it will not fire up at all. it will not do anything
when i remove the stat and put the original back on it works no problem. all I done was connect the cables like for like but it will not fire up the boiler
would it be something to do with the hive set up or do i have to do something with the settings in the boiler to get it going. any help appreciated
thanks

Hi I have connected a hive stat exactly the same as this poster to a vallaint pro 28 combi boiler but it will not fire up at all. it will not do anything
when i remove the stat and put the original back on it works no problem. all I done was connect the cables like for like but it will not fire up the boiler
would it be something to do with the hive set up or do i have to do something with the settings in the boiler to get it going. any help appreciated
thanks

Probably better starting your own thread rather than hijacking another hive post for a different boiler. State which year of pro 28, and also are you going to carry out 26.9 critical safety checks afterwards, as you have removed a cover from a combustion circuit appliance?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back