Hive Installation / Info (multizone)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI All,
i was planning to buy hive and get installed in my flat.
I am not sure about which model to buy ( 2 controllers?, 1 multi-zone? etc)

I live in a modern building recently built. Which contains multizone system for the heating.
I currently have 2 Danfoss TP5000 (one for living room kitchen and the other one for the rooms) and 2 motor valves.

I couldn't found the controller probably is located somewhere in the boiler itself.
Please see image.

Any chance someone can give me an input about what Hive product should i buy?
Can do the installation by my self?

(i'm an electronic engineer, so should be that difficult, but i have no experience with boilers/installation)

Boiler:

The cables behind the two Danfoss TP5000

The Motor valves

Any Help is much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I would recommend calling Hive direct, they have a special advice line for this very thing. I have posted the details for you below. They will ask you the relevant questions and recommend a product. In addition to the heating, they will want to know about you hot water system, if you have a combi boiler for example, or hot water cylinder.

Once you have the product, because you have a working knowledge of electrical circuits, it should be fairly easy for you to wire them in. Each thermostats is just a simple 'on' & 'off' switch, and you will be replacing an 'on' and 'off' switch with another 'on' and 'off' switch.

Capture.JPG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back