Hive installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a system boiler with 2 zones and 2 controllers. I want to replace the main controller with a Hive. Can i leave the controller for the 2nd zone as is and just replace the main controller?

The 2nd controller only controls 1 bedroom and is hardly ever on. Photo of wiring to main controller attached.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• wiring.jpg
    wiring.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 18
Sponsored Links
Looks like you have a Danfoss TP9000.

1701864665900.png

If so, you can replace it with a Dual Channel Hive. From an electrical point of view, the Hive Dual Channel and Danfoss TP9000 are exactly the same, they simply contain two internal switches one for heating and one for hot water.

1701865193636.jpg

The Hive will control the same functions, as the existing TP9000. So, if that's the main heating zone and hot water then that's what the Hive will control as well. The wiring for terminals N, L, 3 & 4 will be the same. The remote sensor is no longer connected, its function being taken over by the remote Hive thermostat which is wireless.

The second controller will continue to work as it does now.

Fantastic. Just what i hoped.

Thanks very much for the reply Stem, its much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back