Hive to Worccester Greenstar Ri 18

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Today fitted a hive 2 which was pretty straightforward and all worked till I come to decommision of the wireless Drayton thermostat on the wall. Detatched the unit and the craddle is shown in the photo. Have left this as shown bridged this with the brown wire for the Drayton unit. Is my problem why the Hive unit will not work the heating?
Understand that I need to link the unit out, but not sure how to go about this.
Would appreciate some guidance please.

Attachments

• 20171229_185121.jpg
    20171229_185121.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 206
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It mentions bridging the thermostat out. I am not sure how I do this.
Screenshot_20171229-202249.png

Turn power off and remove thermostat cables from wiring centre, forget bridging out

Your new thermostat doesn’t require the cables so once disconnected, either remove the cable or safely isolate and leave in wall

Yes with you on that but as they are. The heating is not working at all, this wiring is overriding the Hive thermostat.
As soon as I reconnect the old system up without the Hive everything is ok?

Sounds like you need to check your wiring to the receiver and remove the wires to your old thermostat

Then you have not connected the hive properly, post up pics of what you have done/changed so far.

This is the wiring for the receiver unit untouched the Hive unit fitted straight on without changing the back plate.
20171225_114550.jpg
I followed instructions to change to gravity feed to gravity feed green light changed to blue which is correct.
Both light come on hive hub and thermostat work but heating for radiators does not.
I assume that the old thermostat wiring is overriding this?

Have left this as shown bridged this with the brown wire for the Drayton unit.
Bridged what? The brown wire is just connecting L to an empty terminal.
The connections for that old thermostat are the red and yellow. If you want it to work without the old thermostat there, connect red and yellow together.
A far better solution is to locate the other end of those same wires at the wiring centre, disconnect and install a link between the terminals where red and yellow connected.

I followed instructions to change to gravity feed to gravity feed green light changed to blue which is correct.
Do you actually have a gravity system? Seems rather unlikely given the wiring.

So when the Drayton Digistat SCR is connected is that not doing anything??1514582267856931973501.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back