HIVE wiring help! Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everyone. So we have a Glow worm combi boiler and had a thermostat (honey well I believe) and it seems to have stopped working (boiler will just continue to run even when at tempreature). So we have bought a HIVE and trying to understand the wiring is beyond us! We have tried every combo possible and the thermostat for HIVE doesn't seem to be over riding the boiler still. So the boiler just keeps running even though the thermostat is switched off. Can anyone help? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG-20221204-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20221204-WA0007.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG-20221202-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20221202-WA0002.jpeg
    153.3 KB · Views: 55
Sponsored Links
The wiring for the hive looks ok. If the boiler still isn't turning off you could have a boiler fault.

which Glow-worm boiler they make many, likely you have left the 24v link in on the boiler, you have to remove this

Sorry but I just had a thought. You have shown the wiring at the thermostat end and appear to have wired the Hive receiver in place of the old thermostat, you should be installing the Hive receiver to replace the boilers programmer and removing the wiring for the old thermostat. Was the old thermostat also the programmer?

Sponsored Links
Sorry but I just had a thought. You have shown the wiring at the thermostat end and appear to have wired the Hive receiver in place of the old thermostat, you should be installing the Hive receiver to replace the boilers programmer and removing the wiring for the old thermostat. Was the old thermostat also the programmer?
No it didn't, we just have the programmer on the boiler. However the black wire on the photos goes to the boiler (well to a circuit breaker then to the boiler) hope that makes sense? Thank you x

I found this post really confusing.

According to the below, the thermostat was OK then "stopped working"...
Hey everyone. So we have a Glow worm combi boiler and had a thermostat (honey well I believe) and it seems to have stopped working (boiler will just continue to run even when at tempreature).
.....which means someone must have put the link in to create the fault. :unsure:

Anyway, well done @ianmcd I would have never have worked that one out (y)

I found this post really confusing.

According to the below, the thermostat was OK then "stopped working"...

.....which means someone must have put the link in to create the fault. :unsure:

Anyway, well done @ianmcd I would have never have worked that one out (y)
It has never worked since we have lived here ... so my "seems to have stopped working" is assuming it worked when it was installed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back