Hive wiring question

If you did, it would work. However, all equipment associated with the heating system should be fed via the same 3A fused connection unit that also supplies the boiler, so that they are isolated together. An engineer could switch off the boiler isolator, start work on a repair somewhere and then get an electric shock because the Hive was still connected to the mains.

The instructions for the Logic 12 boiler contain this statement.

logic 12.JPG

Also, it would not control the hot water, so you would have redundant hot water control on the Hive app that isn't doing anything.

Can I take the 2 wires from the MPRT, use them in the hive receiver

With a Dual Channel Hive having a permanent 230V connected to N and L, then only one of the existing two thermostat wires would need connecting to the Hive's terminal (4) "Heating On". The other wire wouldn't be used.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Okay, thanks for that. Makes sense what you are saying.
The idea was there but I think the end result doesn’t seem to be worth the trouble.
thanks for all the info and your time though,it’s clarified a few things that I didn’t know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back