Hive with Vokera Easy Heat Plus C

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, sorry it's another Hive Thread.
I was thinking of getting Hive (single channel) for our Vokera boiler, we've recently moved in and the only control we have is the integral mechanical timer.
The 230V mains supply isn't a problem, I was just wanting to confirm the control side of things as I'm not familiar with Hive.
Would I be right in thinking I need to use a 2 core cable, remove the Red wire from terminal block circled in pic and extend to connect to 1(Common) of hive IMG_20201026_211029.jpg Vokera.JPG
then connect other core to 3 (Heating On) and return into the "old" Red connection on PCB with the black cable being left in position and the mechanical timer set to permanently on.
hive.png
Would this be correct? I take it Hive single channel is volt free connections as per vokera requirements?
IMG_20201028_165351.jpg
Thanks for reading.

Attachments

• IMG_20201106_221315.jpg
    IMG_20201106_221315.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 854
Sponsored Links
You would be better chatting to @vulcancontinental , as Vokera have their own controller that offers more options he is the expaert he will explain the different options

There are two generations of easiheat, if yours had an integral mechanical timer in the tray it's the first gen.

I'd disconnect the timer completely as hive is one.

I know little of hive but CN5 to the switching contacts of hive is all that's needed. Power to the hive receiver from the same source as to the mechanical timer, you're replacing the flying lead in essence.

We do a cheap stat that plugs into the flying lead or a more expensive one that gives app control but looks nothing like as sexy as hive. It does a lot more but is utilitarian in appearance.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.
When you say disconnect the timer completely and using hive, does that mean removing the red & black from CN5 and just putting a 2 core flex between the 2 connections at CN5 and 1 & 3 to hive, and obviously pulling the plug on the timer to take it out of service altogether.
Thanks again.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back