Hoarders

Some sort of mental illness

I thought I heard it can be triggered by grief.

One my Daily dog walk I pass a 1970s 3 bed detached house that for years has looked run down.

The garden is clear, but through the patio windows the stuff is shoulder high.

The owner lost his wife years back.
He doesn't use central heating but has calor gas.

He had a fire in the night, neighbours rescued him, he was a bit burnt.

Now the house has been gutted by contractors, for got in roof.

I can't decide whether he would've been covered by house insurance or not

Sponsored Links
I have a stack of internet routers, three laser printers, around a dozen of the more expensive watches I have bought since I started work, 5x laptops, 4x desktops - all working, in what I call my 'office'/ little bedroom.
My partner had all this, for years and years. 5 desktops up in the loft, countless keboards, laptops, routers, wires.
The problem with computers is that they will stop working properly, they'll be slow, clunky and eventually no software will be supported. IMO, they are not worth keeping at all, especially in numbers. Have to ask yourself, why did you replace the computer you were using...?!

Can anyone remember Mr Trebus from Life Of Grime?. He was a proper hoarder.

I've got 4 sheds and a loft full of car bits but you never know what you're going to need..

I saved the Motor and display board off our old washing machine (my wife moaned a bucket full about that), fast forward 5 years and new washing machine packed up on Christmas or New Years Eve, managed to get it going using the brushes out of the old motor.

I tried not to be too smug about it.

Sponsored Links
Back