Hob wiring (again!)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

My cooker switch wiring has been done with the appropriate 6mm T+E. Can the same cable be used to hook up the cooker switch to the appliance (Ceramic hob. 6kw). The 30 amp fuse will be dedicated to the hob alone by the way.

Baumatic do not supply cable as part of their kit. Logic dictates that I can use it although it is probably overkill but its always wise to check I find!

Your collective wisdom is desired and respected!

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Do the instructions state that you should use high temperature 3 core? (my hotpoint hob did)

Yeah, they say that the heat resistant three core should be used but the old hob I took out did not appear to have that type of cable. In fact, I'm pretty sure it was 2.5mm T+E just in white casing.

You would think that the manufacturers of these hobs would get wise to the fact that intial inspection of its wiring set-up (horseshoes etc) is pretty daunting at first glance! They need to make them a bit more user friendly and could probably do so easily.

It would save a lot of reposts on here!

Cheers fellas!

Sponsored Links
They are very user firendly if you read and understand the user manual. If you read but dont understand it, theres the problem!

Logic: The hob has 2 lives. So why power only one? Connect them together. Oh maybe thats what this horseshoe gizmo is for! ;)

Steve said:
They are very user firendly if you read and understand the user manual. If you read but dont understand it, theres the problem!

Logic: The hob has 2 lives. So why power only one? Connect them together. Oh maybe thats what this horseshoe gizmo is for! ;)

Ah no! I understand what I have to do with mine what I'm saying is that the manufacturers perhaps needn't have all the gubbins on display further confusing the inexperienced diy'er who doesn't read the manuals! Haha!

For instance, my Baumatic 6kw hob has all the usual horseshoe set up but the cable entry is partially concealed. To the casual and inexperienced fitter, logic might suggest you to place cables in the horeshoes and hope for the best!

I bet somebody, somewhere has done this!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back